bioSKILLS aims to:
- Focus on the importance of transferable skills in biology education
- Develop learning goals in numerical competence, dissemination, writing and practical skills in field and laboratory work at course and programme level
- Streamline and link teaching and learning of skills throughout the curriculum
- Focus on the skills training on relevance, methodology and practices – in close relation to biological applications and data.
Our platforms and resources:
- bioST@TS – a web-based platform helping students get a better grip on statistical approaches and increase their numerical competences.
- Teach to Learn (TE2LE) – TE2LE actively involves students in the production of short video tutorials in statistics of lab/field/cruise methods.
- The project “Numerical Competence and Student-Active Research” – a new bioCEED project granted by The Olav Thon Foundation. The project focus on developing and extending the learning platform bioST@TS with quantitative methods and tools, and support student participation in research programs that train numerical skills.